Monday, August 9, 2010

Pandesal

Due to insistent family demand, I made a pandesal for our breakfast today.  

I woke up early and had no help at that moment.  I was kind of hoping that somebody would take photos of  me for each step particularly when I was kneading the dough (my first time), cos this was my moment.  A challenge for me cos it was a difficult part, like it took me more than 10 minutes to knead.  So during the waiting time (at least an hour) for the dough to rise, I was worried if it will really rise (thinking if I knead it well).  After an hour of waiting, I saw the risen dough yay!!   Sorry for me, I forgot to take photo of the risen dough.

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour; 2 cups bread flour; 1/2 cup white sugar; 5 tablespoons butter, melted; 1 teaspoon baking powder; 1 1/4 fresh milk, warm; 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast; 1 teaspoon salt; 1 cup bread crumbs, 1 piece egg; and  1 tablespoon cooking oil.
For the procedure, please refer to Panlasang Pinoy.

Well, many many thanks to Panlasang Pinoy.  He is so amazing!  His cooking video was really a big help! :)

IMG_0560
IMG_0564

Based on the photo, his pandesal and mine are not the same.  I don't know what happened to the bread crumbs.  My hubby said, I should have grind the bread crumbs in food processor.  Well, will do it next time.  In fairness, my pandesal was really good ha!! Masarap! Winner!! :)

Update: you can use semolina instead of bread crumb and can use plastic wrap  instead of damp cloth to cover the dough to rise.  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment