Thursday, September 30, 2010

Paksiw na Pata

IMG_1839

My Paksiw na Pata version was inspired by a dear friend of mine and touch of Nora Daza.   I learned to cooked this when we were new here in Singapore.  I almost forgot this recipe until I read it from Let’s Cook with Nora.

My friend said, the only important thing I should remember when cooking this recipe that the vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar should be in equal parts. 

You need:
  • 1 large pata or pig’s feet
  • 1/2 head garlic, crushed
  • 1 laurel or bay leaf
  • 1/2 cup dried banana blossoms, soaked in water
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • peppercorn
Clean pata.  In large cooking pot or pressure cooker, combine all the ingredients except banana blossoms.  Bring to boil and remove scum if using a regular large pot.  Simmer until meat is tender.  Add more water as needed if cooking in regular pot.  No need to add water in pressure cooker.  Add banana blossoms and simmer for few minutes more.  Serve hot and enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment