Saturday, January 15, 2011

What About Brown Rice?

IMG_1335

It was my first time to buy brown rice the other day coz we’re out of rice.  In grocery store that I go to nearby everyday sells only 1kilo brown rice that time, no 1kilo of white.  I cannot buy more than a kilo, its so heavy and I’m lazy to bring our cart.  We buy 20kilos in Giant Hyper-mart but recently we weren't able to do grocery by bulk coz we were waiting for the ‘big decision’ thing that’s been bugging us since last quarter of last year.  Well, the ‘big decision’ thing was finally over. 

We still have brown rice as of the moment.  It’s like one kilo is good for two to 3 days.  Well, during our lunch I was surprised that my hubby seriously said straight to my face “Do not buy this again, I don’t like the taste.”  OK, boss! hihi

Even if he don’t warns me, I won’t buy it again coz the cooking method is different and need more time to prepare and cook.  Yeah, I know its 100% whole grain and so healthy!  No doubt about that.  Anyhow, we can get the other nutrients from other likable healthy foods of my family.

Brown rice versus white rice nutrient chart and other details, refer here.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment