Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Household Monthly Meal Budget Challenge

As far as I remember, this is the first time that my hubby gave a budget which should last for a month.  Every day, he left me a $50.00 then the next day he will top-up the money that should always sum up to original pocket money per day.  I do my grocery every day, cos I am not the type of mom who knows how to plan a meal for a month. When I was working, I can only go far to a week meal plan.  Please note that my every day grocery items includes foods, toiletries and consumables, so at times I spent the full pocket money my hubby gives me when I buy toiletries and other household stuffs. 

photo credit Parents.com

On to the test...

I only started spending the "suppose monthly budget" yesterday.  So this a home meal budget alone, excluding toiletries and the like :-P  I hope my hubby will cooperate with me, I will let him know about the challenge ;-)  My target challenge should range to $300 to $400.  But I would opt to $300.00, will try my very best...fighting!! hihi 

I will keep you posted!! Til then! Aja!! 

*******

Update 10Apr15:  I failed the challenge, meh!!  I was beyond the target.  It was so difficult for me, waah!! But I will not stop, I will strive to reach my goal.  This really helps cos I will not tempt to buy a lot, and to buy what's only needed.   Because most of the times, I am like others who splurge on grocery items especially the perishable goods.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment