Monday, March 9, 2015

Orange-Red Lipsticks

For the past years, I've been hunting for orange-red lipsticks.  My starters were all drugstore lipsticks, cos there are dupes, right.  Most of my past collections were Revlon and Maybelline, I don't have with me anymore.  I do not keep makeup that long especially the ones that I don't like and no plans of using.   I just keep it with me for months, and when there's opportunity I send it to my mother, sister and cousin.  I cannot name them here cos I never took a pics of those lippies.  

Anyway, last year I finally bought the famous and best seller Mac Lady Danger.  I was avoiding the Mac cos it is expensive cos there are dupes but then I kept on buying dupes that I end up not liking it worst I spent more.  All the while I thought, red orange lippy are not for me.  So one day, I went to Mac section from Sephora and splurge, cos I did not buy only a lippy but I added two more items.  The Mac photos were taken a year ago, the phone shots are a bit blur, sorry.  Just so you know, majority of my photos in the blog were all phone shots. 





Right there and then, I knew why it was so famous and best seller!!  I should have bought it from the very beginning.  I love it!!  It looks good on me.  I wear it when I was working and my colleagues told me that it suits me hihi.  

There's another lipstick that I am really curious of, the Revlon Strawberry Suede, another famous lippy.  Everybody knows who are lipstick addict that Revlon Strawberry Suede has been discontinued but you can still purchase it from Ebay and Amazon.  








So few months after I bought the Mac, I decided to buy the Revlon.  I bought it from eBay.  Likewise, it suits me!! My colleagues told the same.  But I wear the Strawberry Suede more often cos it is not intense as the Lady Danger.  I find the Strawberry Suede is really true to its name and it has also a touch of pink on it.  The Strawberry Suede I find that it is more on everyday wear than Lady Danger.  But if I have to choose from the two...I still prefer Lady Danger. 

I should have stop there, I am satisfied with the two lippy.  Over a week ago, there's an email from Sephora that I can get a complimentary Benefit Roller Lash Deluxe sample.  Well, I need to try the product cos I am always on a hunt of mascaras that really works for me.  But I thought, I just cannot queue there and flash the membership card without buying anything.  I have no idea of what to buy for the money I have on hand, which by the way I asked my hubby if he could give me a twenty.  Furthermore, I only had a few minutes to spend that time as I have other mum errands to attend to. 

  
 In short, I spent my money on Laneige K-Secret Cushion Tint and I chose Red-Orange at random.  It cost $22.00.  And I got the complimentary Benefit Mascara ;-P  I don't feel ashamed queuing there cos at least I bought something :-D      



Oops, sorry for the zit :-P

So this is me after I bought the new lipstick... 



...my happy face after trying my new lippy hihi 



So here's the three orange-red lippy I have on hand... 


without flash: Mac Lady Danger, Laneige K-Secret Cushion Tint
and Revlon Strawberry Suede
Without flash: Mac Lady Danger, Laneige K-Secret Cushion Tint in Red Orange
and Revlon Strawberry Suede

Artificial ligh from left to right:
 Mac Lady Danger, Laneige Red Orange & Revlon Strawberry Suede
Normal light from left to right:
Mac Lady Danger, Laneige Red Orange & Revlon Strawberry Suede

I find the shades from the swatches above are almost alike but then again the strawberry suede leans to pink.  

To end this post, my top one is the Mac Lady Danger, I will definitely repurchase if ever I run out.  Then second place is Revlon Strawbery Suede, I might not repurchase.  Then my third is my latest purchase, Laneige Red Orange.  

What is your favorite orange-red lipstick?  

Til then, thank you!! Laters!! 



< Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment