Sunday, March 21, 2010

Swollen Eyelid Home Remedy


If my child's eyelid is beginning to swell (not like pimple type), no red eyes and not watery, I presume its due to bacteria from a common colds. It happened to my child in different occasion, before and after getting colds. 


My home remedy are:
  1. I immediately do a warm compress on affected area several times a day;
  2. When taking a bath, I concentrate on the effected eye, eyes closed - wash with warm water and soap; and
  3. Let my child drink plenty of fluids.
Observe.  It will subside gradually and should be gone after two days.  But if you noticed after a day it doesn't work (no changes) or the swell is getting bigger,  better consult a doctor because the swelling might not due to common colds.

Well mom, just play by ear like we always do :-)

Hope it helps.  Post comments for add on / suggestions :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment