Tuesday, May 4, 2010

When to change pillows?

Dream Supreme Plus 100% Gel Fiber Filled Standard Pillows, Set of 2When to change bed pillows had been in my head way back when I knew that there are stuffs that needs to be replace in time.  Its just that, I always missed to check about it.  Haiz!  At last,  now I know the answer to my overdue question.

According to: 
  • www.today.msnbc.msn.com
Reduce allergies: Replace pillows every year
Hair and body oils will have soaked into a pillow's fabric and stuffing after a year of nightly use, making it a breeding ground for odor-causing bacteria and allergy-triggering dust mites. Using protectors can double the life of your pillows.

Representatives for the Martex Company, a bedding manufacturer, suggest that allergens such as dust mites, bacteria, mold and mildew, along with human factors such as perspiration and drool, can cause pillows to become unhealthy in two to three years. Allergens can be somewhat eliminated by tossing pillows in a clothes dryer set on a high temperature and adding a tennis ball or two to effectively fluff them. Some Poly-Fil pillows may be washed, but unless they are fairly pricey ones, they don't withstand more than one or two washings. Martex scientists recommend replacing bed pillows every two years.

Changing pillows would be our next project.  I hope we can change it very very soon and would include it on my anniversary checklists ;-)  Btw, I would schedule it every 2 years :P

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment