Saturday, May 8, 2010

Oh no! Mum and Dad are on Facebook

So, would you add your parents as friends on Facebook? And if you’re a parent, would you add your son or daughter as a “friend”? Or would you rather give them their own personal online space and trust they behave responsibly? Read more...
Mom said...

Ha ha! Okay, my mom is on my list of contacts in Facebook but she didn't made that account although she's aware she have one.  Her account is for FB apps purposes...haha!! We never worry about it just in case she wants to see it cos we are all adults.

So what if I'm still in my teens?  I definitely would not add my parents on Facebook, lol.  Well, back then my parents are very strict so my case is NO way!!  If they insist, I would definitely use Privacy settings for them, hi hi.

I'm just speaking here for myself...

I strongly agree that the main objective of parents why they want their children on their list is to keep track on them.  To monitor their activities, friends, etc.  The children of course would really feel awkward about it, perhaps the friends too would feel the same.  It would be beneficial for both parents and children if they would have an understanding something like - parents should never comment on anything on their account rather relay it personally once they are home.  And that children should really have the knowledge in changing the privacy settings on Facebook :-P.  Actually, ALL should be aware about limitations on Facebook ;-).  Check your privacy settings, cos the default has flaws.  And don't forget to check the settings from time to time to be sure.  I also suggest to use creating list for contacts and use preferred settings for each created groups.  For further details on privacy settings, please click here. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment