Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Convert Photo to Cartoon

Got some interesting notes on how to convert photo to cartoon.  I was thinking of making one for my profile picture here and if there's more more time, another cartoon photo for my header :D   

There are lot of options of converting your photo to cartoon -
Option A: via online...

Kusocartoon 
click image to enlarge
  1. Choose a style you want for your photo, selections are cartoons, comic, crayon, vampire, fantasy, etc.
  2. Fill in 'tags',  without tags it won't upload your photo. 
  3. Browse photos from your computer, note that quality pictures will only be accepted.  I tried photos from iPhone, it didn't work.  Click upload.   
  4. Wait for the converting.  Once done, you can view and adjust your carton picture then click 'convert to cartoon'. 
  5. If okay, just right click the photo and save the image.  You can get the url and html, just click the one I encircled

Here's the sample photo...
 If you noticed, there's a label below the photo, just crop it :p

Warning, once you upload photo here it will automatically viewed in their photo gallery.  I'm not sure if there's delete option for your photo.  The tagging is for your reference if you want to search your photo in the future. 

  1.  From 'Home', click 'Get Started Free'.  Click 'upload a photo to get started', refer to image above.
  2. Upload from PC.  Here's the other images for your reference :) 




Just go to save icon and save it to your PC.  There are other options like the print and share button.  Well, as you can see there's watermark, you have to upgrade your account to remove the watermark.  At least here it will not automatically save to their gallery.

Option B:  via trial version software from Caricaturesoft. 
You can download the trial version and it allows you to convert 10 photos or 30 photos.  Tried everything, its all working.

Option C: via CS5
If you have CS5, here's a quick tutorial for you :)





I made a snopshot from the video :p Click to enlarge image.










*end*

Here's what I've made from CS5. 



*cough* I followed everything.  Well, will just play on them later :D  At least, I can make my profile picture in a while.  For the header, I have no idea yet how to design it!  And I'm actually waiting on the contest that I joined from Everyday Mom Ideas :) Hope I win, hope I win . . .

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment