Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Make-up Brushes & Cleaning tips

Okay I'm here for my make-up brushes.  As you can see, they're from e.l.f. again (but not all).  Yeah, I'm really really loving elf!! Just so you know, I've started to collect make-up brushes only this year - same time that I've been collecting make-up and majority of them are from you know where!  During my younger years, when it comes to make-up - I'm only addicted to lipstick.  Yeah lipstick and love to collect different shades.  In addition to my make-up history, I only buy pressed powder and only last years that I've started using BB cream (as introduced by my friend).  Also, I only buy mascara, one set of eyeshadow, and a blush.  Like for my blusher, I usually buy blush with blush brush - it was just that simple.  Believe me, that's all I have before.  So only this year when I've learned about elf products which are known to be cheap but quality products.  Geez, I just can't stop wanting more elf!!

To date, these are all my brushes.  I'm planning to purchase brushes for the eyeshadow soon :D. Well,  I have the following:

  1. E.l.f. Studio Powder Brush #84003 - I use it for my e.l.f. HD powder

  2. E.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush #84002 - I use it for my blush;

  3. E.l.f. Studio Angled Foundation Brush #84005 - I sometimes use it for my BB cream;

  4. E.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush #85011 - I use it for my e.l.f. mineral foundation;

  5. E.l.f. Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush #84013 - I use it for my e.l.f. cream eyeliner;

  6. E.l.f. Studio Stipple Brush #8401 - at the moment, I try to use for my e.l.f. bronzer :D

  7. E.l.f. Bronzing Brush #1805 - I seldom use it for my e.l.f. bronzer; and

  8. non elf products like etude and generic useful brushes :P

My favorite brushes?  All Studio brushes are amazing and  I love using them especially the kabuki brush!  If you want to try elf brushes...buy from their studio line, really works best!  Sad, I'm not happy with their elf bronzing brush - the brush hair sheds everywhere and can hardly pick-up a product.  I hope they come up with a good one.  I believe that's their old line of make-up brushes and maybe its time to face out those old ones.

Here's more on elf studio brushes:



I also have their elf brush shampoo and also a good product.  Actually, this is not a must have to clean your brushes and just continue using what you have.  But I would also like to have their elf daily brush cleaner :) ...already in my cart and hope to have it soon :P  


Brush Shampoo Directions:  Cleanse brush regularly by massaging a small amount of the shampoo with water and working it through the bristles from the base of the brush, outward.  Rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out excess water.  Reshape the bristles and lay flat on a clean cloth to fully dry before next use.  

So just a quick note:  Just don't forget to first wash your make-up brush before use to remove whatever harmful chemicals.  And clean them at least once every two weeks.  And here's a video on how to clean make-up brushes:



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment