Monday, August 8, 2011

OPI Shatter

Hello!! I got so overly excited to add OPI Shatter to my nail polish collection. I bought them at Far East Plaza, prices varies depends on the store. The prices ranges from $18 to $20 each and other offer it at 2x for $32. My shades are silver, red, white, black and navy. I missed Torquiose which I'm not sure if I buy it in the future, as I already spent a lot of money. Then after buying them, I just learned about That Beauty Shop which they sell at a very low price compare to malls. Dang! I should have saved money!!


These are my first try. I applied thick shatter on my nails cos I know it dries fast and I wanted to cover all my base color in 3 parts so I put thick shatter on the brush.   Based on the images, maybe some of you might not like how it cracked and for sure it's because of the thick layer I applied. I thought it was nice but finally realized that it looks awful!


For the next photo, this time I applied thin layer. Can you tell the difference? 


And these are my favorite shade - navy (as per image, I still applied thick coat on navy)  and silver (thin coat). How 'bout you, what's your favorite OPI shatter? 


Make sure that your base color is really really dry. By the way when I used OPI shatter, I apply quick dry nail polish but I still see to it that its very dry, so I don't want to wait too long. Then apply thin coat as recommended only once for a good shatter effect. I've read that others were having a problem opening the bottle after using the first time and other said they can't use it anymore like after a month because it all dried up. But I didn't have any problem mentioned. Well just see to it that you remove the excess polish at the top of the bottle when you're done and of course close the bottle properly.  And work on the shatter as fast as you can to avoid drying up around top of the bottle.  That way you won't encounter any problem. 







Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. ako naman ate, hilig ko ngaun ung parang tattoo siya sa nails na ilulubog muna sa tubig ung style nung nails saka mo iaapply sa nails then base coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mahal kaya niyan shatter. nagpunta ako sa divisoria eh..ung mga mumurahin lang eh 80php-100php ang range

    ReplyDelete