Thursday, August 19, 2010

Buttermilk Biscuits

IMG_0726My first hands-on in making buttermilk biscuits was when I was working in McDonalds during my college days.  That time, they were still serving buttermilk biscuits during breakfast.  Trying to recall, the dry and cold ingredients were already been mixed together in a sealed plastic (maybe the frozen butter had already been incorporated) and all I have to do was to add the liquid ingredient and worked on the mixture, folding, and cutting the dough to round biscuits.  Then once done, I brush with butter.  I  hope I’m recalling it right.
Anyways, I tried it few days ago with the help of Chef John (thank you) :).  I made a mistake by pouring all the buttermilk substitute I prepared into the batter, tsk tsk.  So I added more flour so the batter won't get sticky (I panicked and was really nervous).  For sure, I worked more than the required in mixing the batter though I followed his folding instruction.  My biscuit did not rise well and it might not look good but the taste? It was edible :p and nice (thank God) hi hi.  It was good for starter :D

IMG_0725

Chef John’s video:


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment