Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tacos

Gotta have a taco!!  We bought a Taco Kit in grocery store...


So it's a taco kit by Old El Paso.  Inside box are: 12x taco shells, mild taco seasoning, and mild taco sauce.  Just buy separately 500g lean beef mince, onion, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. 

My version:
I prepared 1x medium onion finely chopped and instead of beef, I used minced pork.  Sauted chopped onion in a little oil then add the pork.  When pork almost done, I add bit by bit of taco seasoning and water.  Tasted it from time to time to meet our preferred taste.  I did not add all the seasoning cos I thought it will have a stronger taste that my kids would not like.  Simmer for a few minutes until sauce thickens. 


While I'm cooking the minced pork, my hubby helped in preparing other ingredients like shredded lettuce, chopped small cherry tomato (instead of med tomato, I used the small cherry tomato cos it's more sweet).  Also grated a cup of cheese, I used Kraft cheese.

Our last step was to heat tacos for 5 mins in oven.  Prior to that, per box - "Preheat oven to 180C.  Remove from plastic and keep heatproof wedge inside shells to retain shape.  Fan tacos slightly apart on tray.  Do not heat taco shells in microwave." 



Then serve :)


It's good.  No, it tastes really really good!! My daughter and family like it!! I love it!!

Friends, let's have taco party sometime!! ;)

You may also like:

Old El Paso Dinner Kits, Soft Tacos, 14.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)Old El Paso (6) Taco Hard And Soft Fajita Dinner Kit, 11.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)Old El Paso (4) Soft Taco Bake Dinner Kit, 8.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)

Photobucket

4 comments: