Monday, November 8, 2010

Carrot Cupcakes

I'm trying my best to prepare healthy meal for my family.  I would love to try transforming it to near healthy as possible.  What I made this time was something more healthy.  My cupcake was inspired from one of my cookbook collection.  The original recipe was good but since I'm using different flour,  I made modification on the procedure as well as the other ingredients like flour, sugar, vegetable oil and added non-fat evaporated milk.  IMG_2469 Since I used whole wheat flour, I sifted it twice to incorporate air and added additional liquid like milk to avoid the dense texture.  I was happy it turned out really good.  I like the soft texture, sweetness, flavor and the color.  Even when put in fridge, the cupcake was still soft.  I suggest you try this too.  If you try my recipe, please link back to me and feel free to leave me a note here.   

IMG_2474

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted twice*
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups carrots, finely shredded
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk, non fat
*For the whole wheat flour, re-measure the flour after sifting twice – make sure it’s the correct measurement. 

Procedure:

Prepare cupcake cases in muffin tray.  Preheat oven to 180C or 350F.

Place the sifted whole wheat flour in a large mixing bowl.  Add sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and ground cinnamon and mix together with rubber spatula.IMG_2454

Add carrots, eggs, canola oil and mix with a hand mixer until combine.  Do not over mix.IMG_2457

Finally, add the milk and mix well.  Again, do not over mix. IMG_2465

Scoop the mixture into the cupcake liners up to 2/3 full.  IMG_2466

Place in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for  15 minutes.  Do not over bake. 

Remove from oven and leave to cool at least 5 minutes.  Then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.  

IMG_2477

IMG_2479

A bonus!  Here’s for the icing…

IMG_2483

Cream Cheese Icing 

Ingredients:
  • 112g cream cheese
  • 25g unsalted butter
  • 80g icing sugar
Procedure: Combine the cream cheese, softened butter, and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk with hand mixer until smooth.  Once cupcakes are completely cool, spread over cupcake.

IMG_2485

Serve and enjoy!! :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In it something is. Many thanks for the information. You have appeared are right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about add this material in my RSS. Do u think its ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw. Glad to hear so nice comments. Hope we will have more information soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, great ))

    ReplyDelete