Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Project Gingerbread Cookies

My daughter’s been buzzing me to bake gingerbread cookies.  She was suggesting me to bake gingerbread man cookie since the day she saw me playing the apps from my phone.  I’m addicted to these games.

About the game, the first Oven Break is the free version.  I don’t know why I cannot search anymore on App Store about this lite version.  Anyways, I really enjoyed playing this apps.

IMG_1073

The full version is the OvenBreak-Infinity.  This cost $0.99.  But I got it for free.  They were on sale few weeks ago, yay! 

IMG_1075

Fine, enough for the apps. 

My daughter bought the cookie from the mall over a week ago and she really liked it.  That’s the time I decided to look for the other ingredients which I don't have and do it.  I'm lacking molasses and ground cloves.  I didn’t know it was hard to find.  I've been hopping several grocery stores and getting nowhere so I tried to search for an alternative.  The molasses needed for the recipe is in liquid type, this is the only liquid from the ingredient.  I’ve read there’s no best alternative, but others were suggesting to use dark corn syrup but the taste will not be the same – cookie will be more sweeter and spicy flavor will come out, something like that.  For the ground cloves, the stores that I've been to only sells whole cloves. 

Days had passed, just remembered to ask my neighbor-friend who also bakes if she have molasses.  Fortunately, she have it at her home, yay!!

IMG_1060

Since I already have molasses, decided to buy the whole cloves instead and just let the grinder works.

IMG_1062 

By the way, this is my gingerbread man and other holiday cookie cutter that my hubby bought from Ikea.

IMG_1056

I’ve made the dough this evening.  I put in fridge and have to wait overnight.  My kids are already excited because they want to do the cutting of the dough.  I will post the outcome of our cookie soon. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment