Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Health & Fitness Apps

What health and fitness apps do you use in your iPhone?  I only used two apps for health and fitness and both are free.

Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by My FitnessPal

This helps me monitor my calories and what I eat. IMG_1152[1] I would know how much should I eat.  And if ever I crave, I can adjust my meal plan and making sure that I will not exceed to my calorie goal for the day.  I can log my meal right away even when I’m out.  

It’s really nice to plan your meal ahead.  Though it’s not that easy finding the exact food that I’m eating, still there are choices that I can just use as my guide.  And I’m taking the highest calorie count if ever.  I hope in their updates, they would come up with more food database, especially Asian meals.  More so,  I can also keep trackIMG_1153[1] my activities that somehow helps me lose calories.  I can customize my exercise if any.   I would know my progress about my weight and measurements.  And most of all, I would know if I maintain a regular diet plan for weeks I would know my weight in a month or so.  When this app was new to me, I was actually not that serious.  Like a month ago, I missed to record my meal for days and don’t monitor my calorie goal and eating more, exceeding 1200.  This month, I saw results for a week, seriously logging my every meal and sticking to my goal, it worked.  It was not that fast but I know I’m losing pound.  So much so, this app is so good, overall I recommend this free app. Just visit the App Store for more details.


LiveRun

Another free app that is recommended for weight watchers out there. IMG_1014[1] You might also want to try the Live Run app.  This time it will track your runs and there’s reward as well.  It works thru GPS, before you start running like while warming  up, you need to open the app first and wait for the GPS since it will take for a few minutes to work.  It is so easy to use and have simple features that I need for my run.  I’ve tried other free apps but I found them complicated to me.  And I can say Live Run is accurate.  Awesome for a free app.  Just visit the App Store for more details.  Please note though that Live Run is only limited to Singapore only.  

Photobucket

1 comment: