Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 70/365: Caramel Sauce Ala Frost

11 Mar 2011 Photo of the Day

I was actually craving for chocolate cupcake with caramel sauce.  I remember when I was working in Manila, one of my office mate often ordered a homemade chocolate cupcake with caramel sauce for us.  The caramel sauce was so perfect and I loved it!  I was hoping I could make that too, so I tried one of the recipe from allrecipes.co.uk.  The recipe was a bit watery for me so I experimented of adding cornstarch on my last additions of cream.  I've made additions of cream and cornstarch till I reached my desired creaminess.  After it cooled down, I was surprised it turned out to be frosty.  In fairness, the caramel taste and sweetness was just perfect.  I enjoyed the caramel flavor top with my favorite chocolate cake :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment