Friday, April 15, 2011

Try Homemade Lip Gloss

As promised, here's my version of my homemade lip gloss :) I tried my own lip gloss since the things I needed were already available at home. I had those even before I plan to make lip gloss. If you plan to make your own but you don't have the supplies, please consider the cost buying the things needed versus the cost of over the counter lip gloss. And I suggest you make small amount like good for a week as the shelf life of homemade lip gloss is shorter especially if you're using your old lipstick or old make-up.

You will need: alcohol; Vaseline / Petroleum Jelly; red pigment make-up from blusher or eyeshadow or lipstick; microwavable small container or small glass bowl; make-up tool stick for mixing; and small container for your homemade lip gloss.

Clean and sterilize things you'll be using.

Melt Vaseline in a microwave oven for 20 seconds using a microwavable container. Microwave times will vary. Remove from microwave.

Add small amount of your desired pigment for your lip gloss. Mix well. Do color test on your clean hand. Continue adding pigment until you reach desired color. Mix until completely incorporated.

Pour the lip gloss into your prepared container. Allow to cool and set before using the lip gloss.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment