Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Marsala Beauty Collection

I was on a hunt for Marsala - the colour Pantone of the year 2015.  I learned about it early December last year via Instagram were I searched on makeup hashtags and the like.  I got excited cos this was the shade of lipsticks I actually wore during 90's. The first hunt was the Too Faced Pink Chocolate cos this was the post in IG where I learned about the Marsala thing.  I bought the Too Faced in Sephora store, hardly available.  Then for the Wet n Wild Spiked with Rum and Maybelline Touch of Spice, I bought separately via Ebay. My order took a while to arrive because of the holidays.  





Swatches from left to right: WNW Spiked with Rum 915B,
 Maybelline Touch of Spice 660 & Too Faced Pink Chocolate

In person, the three shades are very near to each other, a dupe perhaps.  I like them all.  But out of the three, Maybelline is my favorite.  Maybelline always has a perfect bullet that makes easy to apply straight on the lips.  The matte formula is what you see on your lips but the application and the feel on your lips glides on easily and moisturizing.  Whereas the Wet n Wild doesn't glide easily and the bullet is quite hard to apply cos how it was cut.  In fairness, the only downside on Wet n Wild is the shape of the bullet.  The packaging doesn't matter to me considering the cost of the lipstick.  On the other hand, Too Faced Pink Chocolate has a different formula, it is creamy and glossy.  Pink Chocolate is more muted.  

Wet N Wild Spiked with Rum 

Maybelline Touch of Spice 

Too Faced Pink Chocolate 

By the way,  I know that the Revlon matte  crayon type in "Sultry" can be in Marsala shade as well.  It was one of my favorite last year but just learned recently that I lost it, sadness.  Moreso, I can't find in any beauty store.  I wonder no more Revlon matte crayon type.  Is it limited edition? 

There are a lot of choices of  Marsala shades on nail polish.  There's a lot online but I wanted to see the bottle in person first.  Sigh,  the only color I found and thought nearest to Marsala is the China Glaze Brownstone.  I am still happy cos at least I had one.  I love the shade!! 

China Glaze Brownstone



Sleek i-Divine Ultra Matte V2 & Sleek i-Divine Sunset palette 

Moreover, I thought I also include the Sleek i-Divine Sunset and the Ultra Matte V2 palette.  I feel this would be great for Marsala hue.  Though I haven't played with the reds and browns shade yet. On a side note, I've read somewhere that the Urban Decay Naked 3 is good in Marsala family as well. 

I might hunt for nail polish, maybe one more.  For the lipstick, probably will not purchase no more. Lastly for the eye shadow, for sure I won't buy anymore.  I had enough already.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment