Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DIY Foot Spa


Hi there!! I would like to share with you my DIY foot spa.  I only use basics as the above photos.

Things you need:
  1. basin that will fit your feet;
  2. foot scrub
  3. olive oil;
  4. any liquid soap / bubble bath of your choice
  5. hot & tap water
  6. moisturizer
  • Combine hot and warm water in basin.  Check the temperature that your feet can tolerate.  Adjust as needed.  Add a tablespoon of olive oil and desired amount of liquid / bubble bath soap.  Mix to bubbles.  Actually,  you can add a sea salt (optional).  
  • Place your feet in the basin.  Rest your feet for few minutes or as long as you want.  When you feel that your skin is soft,  lightly scrub your heel and other hard/callous on your foot with foot scurb.    Do it on your other foot.  Repeat as desired.  
  • Wash feet properly.  Towel dry and put your favorite moisturizer. 
  • Finally, cut and clean your nails.  Pedicure as usual
  • Repeat this when you need to clean you nails and before you do your pedicure or as needed.  
I recommend DIY foot spa, it won't take much of your time.  Most important, it will surely save you money and germ free :) 

P.S.  I usually have crack heels, it came out when I became a stay home mom.  I just learned few months ago that rubber slippers cause my heels to crack/dry.  So I changed my home slipper and other slipper when going out for a walk to market to a non-rubber slipper.  From then on, my heels don't crack so I usually do my foot spa once a month for maintenance.  If we have the same case, I suggest  you change your slipper too.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment