Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crispy Pata

This morning, I imagined myself eating crispy pata (pork leg) :D.  Glad my hubby was off from his work today so I went to market just to buy one, happy I found a nice pork leg.

IMG_1680

From market, I requested to cut it by 4 parts.

What to do:
  • After cleaning and removing hair, if any, boil the pork leg (just like cooking pork stew/nilaga) with peppercorns, onions, garlic and water. Bring to boil and remove scum.  Add pork cube and fish sauce.  Simmer until tender (When its really tender, when fried - for sure sure its crispy, like major major crispy :d).  I actually cooked it with pressure cooker for 30 minutes. 
  • Remove the meat from stew, let it cool and dry for few minutes (put in fridge).  By the way, I left a portion of meat for my kids in soup for their meal, they prefer soup/stew than fry;
  • Once cool and dry, dust meat with ground black pepper and rub with Maggi Magic Sarap All-in-One Seasoning granules;
  • Deep fry in a deep saucepan until tiny blisters appear on the skin.  And chop into desired pieces.
Serve with your favorite sauce and rice.  Well, my crispy pata was really crispy and delicious!!

Enjoy and good luck :)

IMG_1684

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment