Sunday, September 5, 2010

Homemade Doughnuts

After Churros, the next thing I had in mind is to try making doughnuts :)  Well, I did it this afternoon for our snack, original plan was for breakfast but I can't get up in bed early due to nice weather.  The recipe was inspired by Crispy and Cream Doughnuts by Kelly from All Recipes


Donut CutterCrisco All Vegetable Shortening, 16 ozThe original recipe yields 18x but I changed the servings to 9 doughnuts.  Since this is my first try, don't want to waste too much and 18 pieces are too many for my family.  From there, I followed the ingredients for 9x doughnuts and the procedure as well.  The dough was ready at least an hour when I checked  but I started the direction #3 after two hours cos I was busy this afternoon doing other chores.  Then the rising of the cut doughnut to make it rise again was at least 15 minutes.  Based on the photos, dunno if I fried too long  but it's not over cooked when I tasted it.  It was yummy.  Actually, my doughnuts yielded more than 9 pieces, but I forgot to take note of it.  I wonder how it taste if I bake it?  Anyways, I'm happy my family likes it.  Best serve with coffee :)  Go ahead try the recipe and enjoy!! :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment