Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mom's Brownies


I'm proud to announced that I baked a great brownies today, yay!! This is my preferred texture - its chewy and not dry.

I would love to share my ingredients to all of you...



2 cups brown sugar used in baking
1 cup  butter (1 bar of salted Anchor butter)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4x eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup walnut (sliced)

Pre-heat oven 350F or 175C.  Cream together: butter, eggs and vanilla extract.  And add the other dry ingredients.  Pour over pan with Glad Bake.


Initially I baked it for 30 mins.  Checked the mid portion - not yet done so I baked it again for another 20 mins.  My cooking time is different cos I'm only using this type of oven...



Ideally,  it should be done in 30 mins in real oven :-P

So what made the texture moist?  I know it's because of the sugar that I used and  adding only 1 cup of flour.  I think if you want it to be more cakey, you can add additional 1/2 cup of flour.

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    I love the brownies :) Unlike some brand of brownies that turn dry after a few days in fridge, these remained moist and tasty. Also they are not too sweet, my parents love them.

    Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more yummy, yummy :P


    Regards
    Maisie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maisie!! Your welcome :) Thanks for your comment and visit, highly appreciated :)

    Til next time. Regards too!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete