Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Julie & Julia

Julie & JuliaAn overdue post.  I said to myself, if I have a public blog, I would like to have Julie & Julia movie in it.  Yes, like everybody else, I also love the movie.

At first, I'm just interested in the movie because of Meryl Streep.  I like her so much.  Her acting is so likable.  She always portrays her character really very well.  But I both don't know Julia Child and Julie Powell.  I do collect cook books when I was working, sad to say I didn't came across on her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking (2 Volume Set).  Anyhow, I've left my heavy cook books at home and just brought few booklet type abroad.

I enjoyed the movie so much cos its about food & cooking.  I heart food and cooking.  So interesting to see when they eat!  Actually, I like movies when actors really eat, not just playing on utensils.  

But almost at the end of the movie, there's a hanging question on why Julia Child hated Julie Powell's blog?  Intriguing huh? Well, it turns out there's a lot more than the movie.  I was quite surprised on  the story behind it.  It seems that what we've felt on Julie Powell's character in the movie is opposite of the real character.  Okay, don't want to rule out the issue on my blog. 

With regards to Julia Child, I'm interested to have her books like My Life in France (Illustrated Edition)[Rough-Cut Edge] by Julia Child and  Julia's Kitchen Wisdom: Essential Techniques and Recipes from a Lifetime of Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment